Many a times when we see ghiya or lauki or dudhi in the fridge, we are lost. The question which immediately clicks our brain is “ Ghiya ka kya banau, kaise khatam karu”.
Generally when it is bottle gourd, I love making koftas, or even raita or halwa. You can check my ghiya ke kofte recipe here. Though the recipe takes almost an hour to get ready, however the taste is so yummy, you actually forget that an hour of stiring pain in your arms.
So lets solve your query of how to consume ghiya, with ghiya ka halwa. A delicious and healthy desert, with lots of milk and dry fruits.
Here we go,
- Ghiya (Bottle Gourd) – 1 large (grated)
- Milk – ¾ litre
- Ghee – 1 big spoon
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Almond – ½ cup coarsely chopped
- Raisins – few soaked
- Green Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
- Roasted Cashews – 10 nos.
- Take a heavy bottom wok and add ghee. Allow it to melt.
- Add grated bottle gourd and sauté till the water from bottle gourd is evaporated. It will take around ten minutes.
- Add half the milk to the bottle gourd and stir continuously on medium flame. It should not stick with bottom of the wok. It will take around fifteen minutes for the milk to evaporate.
- Now add remaining milk to the mixture and stir continuously on medium flame.
- Once the milk is about to evaporate completely, add sugar. Stir continuously for another five minutes.
- Off the flame and add coarsely chopped almonds, cardamom powder and sauté.
- Garnish with cashews and raisins.
If you found this post useful, I would really love if you pin it on pinterest, share it on facebook or tweet it on twitter. All it takes is a simple click.
It will keep us motivated. Thank YOU!!!!!!