Aloo tiki chaat is pretty famous as street food in North India. As the winters approach the stall for tikki chaat increases on the street. Regular Aloo Tikki, I have already discussed in Veg Burger recipe. I have made little variations here by using few seasonal veggies like cabbage, cauliflower, beans and peas. This makes the tikki nutritious and more tasty.
This tongue tickling chaat includes chana daal stuffed mix veggie spicy tikki with tangy tamarind and coriander mint chutney. I have shallow fried the tikkis, if desired you can deep fry for more crispness.
So friends, give your taste buds a delighfull taste with this chaat,
Potato (Boiled) – 4 medium
Cabbage (Grated) – ½ cup
Cauliflower (Grated) – ½ cup
Beans (Chopped) – 5-6 strands
Green Peas (Boiled) – ¼ cup
Green chilli (Chopped) – 2 nos.
Onion (Chopped) – 1 medium
Whole Wheat Bread Slices – 2 nos
Corn Flour – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Dry Mango Powder – ½ tsp
Channa Daal (Soaked and boiled) – ¼ cup
Salt – to taste
Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
Dry Mango Powder – ¼ tsp
- Soak channa daal in water for 2 hours. Drain water add salt and 3/4 cup water and pressure-cook it for 2 whistles over medium flame. Transfer cooked channa daal to a colander and remove excess water. Cooked chana dal should be whole and separated from each other. Let it cool. Add dry mango powder, salt and red chilli powder.
- Take boiled potatoes in a large bowl. Add grated cabbage and cauliflower, boiled peas, chopped beans, chopped onion, chopped green chilli, corn flour, and salt in it and mix well.
- Take a bowl with water, dip the bread slices to it and immediately squeeze excess water.
- Add wet and crushed bread, red chilli powder, dry mango powder to the potato mixture. Mix it well.
- Divide prepared mixture into 12 equal portions. Give each portion a round shape of ball and press a little to make a thick tikki. Put 1teaspoons filling in the center of the tikki. Wrap filling from all sides and make round ball. Again press a little and flatten stuffed ball into a tikki. Repeat the process for remaining portions.
- Heat a non stick pan and drizzle some oil to it. Place 4 tikkis and cook for few minutes each side. Cook until each side turns brown and crisp.
- Transfer it to a plate. Repeat steps for remaining tikkis. Stuffed mix veggie aloo tikkis for chaats are ready.
- Take 3 aloo tikkis in a serving plate. Top each tikki with 2 teaspoon of beaten curd, followed by 1 teaspoon green chutney, 2 teaspoons date-tamarind chutney. Sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Garnish with chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves and sev.
- Prepare remaining serving plates and serve immediately.