Paneer, as I always say is important in our diet. We should try that we can eat paneer atleast once a week. When I have enough time in hand, paneer butter masala, or matar paneer or paneer tortilla wraps is my choice. However when time is less and something delicious and quick is to be made then Paneer Bhurjii, Chilli Paneer is the choice.
This paneer bhurjii is nutritious as it contains veggies like capsicum and carrot. The amount of veggies can be altered as per the taste required. You can also add some peas to enrich the flavor. I have used kitchen king masala, which can be replaced by pav bhaji masala as well.
Here I come with very simple yet delicious recipe of paneer….
Paneer (Crumbled) – 250gms
Onion (chopped) – 1 medium
Tomato (Chopped) – 1 medium
Capsicum (chopped) – 1 small
Carrot (finely chopped – 1 small
Green Chillies (chopped) – 2nos.
Ginger Garlic paste – ¼ tsp
Salt – to taste
Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Kitchen King Masala – 1tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander – few chopped
- Heat oil in a kadai and add onions and green chillies and fry until the onions turns transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté.
- Add capsicum and carrot. Saute till half cooked.
- Add tomatoes and saute until it becomes slightly mushy.
- Now add all the masalas. Saute for a while.
- Add crumbled paneer and salt and saute for few minutes. The mixture should be moist and not dry.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and lemon.
Serve it hot with Roasted Butter Pao , Toasted Butter Bread or with Plain Roti, Naans.