Aaloo tikki burger is famous amongst kids. They like it a lot. Well it is famous amongst youngsters as well. Whenever I have carving for tikki or burger, I make this easy burger recipe with easily available ingredients in my kitchen.
This aaloo tikki burger is complete Indian style with tamarind chutney, coriander chutney in it. To make it healthy, I have used few veggies like capsicum and peas. Cucumber, tomato and onion are used as toppings. This tastes good with tomato ketchup. To make it more healthy, the tikkis are shallow fried on a nonstick griddle. Generally the tikkis in the burgers (available in streets) are deep fried which adds on to the calories.
Let’s start with the recipe:
Ingredients for Tikki:
- Potato – 4 (boiled, peeled, mashed)
- Peas – ¼ cup (boiled and mashed)
- Capsicum – ½ (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Green chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Bread crum – ½ cup (almost of three bread slices)
- Coriander leaves – few (finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and mash in a big bowl.
- Boil the peas in an open pan for five minutes, drain the water and add to the mashed potatoes.
- Add finely chopped capsicum and onion
- Add bread crums and chopped coriander leaves. Now add other spices.
- Mix them thoroughly to make a firm concrete mixture.
- Divide the mixture into six balls of equal size.
- Press each potato ball between the palms to make the tikki.
- Heat the non stick griddle, dizzle little oil (if desired), place the tikkis and cook on bothe the sides till brown.
- Repeat the process with other tikkis.
- Aaloo tikki is ready!!
Ingredients For Burger:
- Burger Bun – 6 nos.
- Cucumber – 1 no. (circular sliced)
- Tomato – 2 nos. (circular sliced)
- Onion – 1 no. (circular sliced)
- Coriander Chutney – 3-4 tsp
- Tamarind Chutney – 3-4 tsp
- Mayonnaise cheese – 2-3 tsp
- Chat Masala – 1 tsp
- Slit the bun to half. Heat the griddle, heat the bun halves on the griddle for few seconds. Remove from griddle.
- Spread mayonnaise on one half bun. Place a onion slice on it. Now place one aaloo tikki on it. If required press it little.
- Place a tomato and cucumber slice on it
- Spread coriander and tamarind chutney on another half and tightly close the bun.
- I have used a toothpick to tie it firmly.
Burger is ready!! 🙂 🙂