Poha Chivda is a famous namkeen / farsaan in Gujarat. It is again of two types viz thick and thin poha. Namkeen can be made of both the types of poha. The only difference is, thick poha namkeen is deep fried mixed with variety of dry fruits. Thin poha namkeen is roasted mixed with nuts and dry fruits. This namkeen can be stored for almost a month in an air tight container.
You may like other gujarati recipes here
- Thin Poha – ½ kg
- Ground nuts / sing dana / mungfali dana – ½ cup
- Dried coconut slices – ½ cup
- Cashews – 1/3 cup (slit to half)
- Raisins – 1/3 cup
- Green Chillies – 8 nos. (cut into long slits)
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Mustard deeds / Raii – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Black Salt – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 lemons
- Oil – ½ cup
- Dry roast poha in microwave for 1 min.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok and fry ground nuts, cashew nuts, dry coconut slices, green chillies , and raisins separately.
- Fry each variety separately until done and add to the roasted poha.
- Deep fry the raisins until they just bulge, else they will become tough.
- Deep fry the green chillies until they are crisp and maintain their green color.
- In the same oil, then add mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle. Close the flame and then add sugar, salt, black salt, chaat masala, turmeric powder and lemon juice. Mix well and add to the roasted poha.
- Mix thoroughly. Adjust the seasoning, if required.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature and then store in an air tight container.
If you like our recipe leave a comment below. We would like to know your experiences as well. Or you can follow us at Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
KFC is one of our few favorite fast food joints. Many times we have visited KFC to savor the taste of crispy & crunchy fried chicken. But you cannot indulge in such food on regular basis. So Sunday being a family day, we decided to cook crispy fried chicken at home. Just the KFC Way! It came out crisp, delicious and fabulous! It is an easy recipe which has the potential to become your kids favorite recipe.
- Chicken with Skin – 1 Whole, cut into pieces
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder -1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1tsp
- Egg – 1, beaten
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Cornflakes – 1 cup, crushed
- Garlic – 6-7 cloves, finely chopped
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Basil – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a large glass dish or bowl, combine the water, salt, red chili and garam masala and mix together. Add chicken and mix them well. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 5-6 hours.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together garlic, egg and buttermilk. Stir to form a fine paste.
- In another shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, cornflakes, salt, red chili, oregano, basil and black pepper.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, discarding remaining water.
- Preheat oil in a deep wok.
- One at a time, dip chicken first into the egg mixture. Then roll chicken into the flour mixture. Then again into the egg mixture and again into the flour mixture.
- Now leave the chicken in oil to fry. Deep fry the chicken and remove. Remove excess oil using a tissue paper.
- Repeat the process for remaining chicken.
Serve them hot with cheese sauce and ketchup.
If you like the recipe, please leave a comment below. I would really love to know how it turned out for you guys!
And dont forget to follow us at Facebook
Welcome to the “BENEFIT SERIES” from RASOISE. Today I will discuss few benefits of Watermelon followed by the recipe of Watermelon Juice
Watermelon is available in market during summers. This sweet refreshing red fleshed fruit has many health benefits. It is rich source of vitamin A & C, Vitamin B6, Potassium and Carbohydrates.
Water melon is a sweet delicious fruit with low calories and high fiber and water content. The low calories help in reducing weight and high fiber water content helps in keeping body and skin hydrated. Thus it is considered as an excellent source of instant energy.
It is also rich in Vitamin B6 which relieves body from stress and fatigue. I contains Lycopene, which gives protection against UV rays. So it helps in maintaining the glow of the skin.
Here’s the watermelon juice recipe to keep you all refreshing and hydrated 🙂 🙂
- Watermelon – 1kg (flesh sliced)
- Black Salt – ¼ tsp
- Slice the flesh of the watermelon leaving behind hard outer covering. Remove the seeds.
- Cube the slices.
- In the mixer, put all the cubes. Start the mixer.
- Strain the juice through the strainer.
- Add black salt and serve.
You may also like Veg Manchurian and Veg Fried rice !! Try them out !!
Sabudana (Sago) is the major ingredient used during fasting / Vrat. Since Navratri is on, I thought of preparing few recipes of sabudana. Today I am sharing the recipe of Sabudana Roll, a crisp and delicious snack which can be served in morning or evening snack or even as a side dish in main course. Sabudana Roll recipe comes from Maharashtrian cuisine and it tastes heaven with sweet curd.
Here we go with the recipe,
- Sabudana (sago) – 1 cup (Soaked overnight and drained)
- Potato – 3 medium (boiled and mashed)
- Rice Flour – 2 tsp
- Peanuts (mungpahli) – ½ cup (roasted, deskinned and coarsely grinded)
- Green Chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1tsp
- Coriander Leaves – few (chopped)
- Senda namak – To taste
- Soak sabudana overnight (minimum 6hrs of soaking is required). Drain it in the morning.
- Take a big bowl with drained sabudana. Add mashed potatoes, roasted peanuts, green chillies, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add rice flour (if you are making it for vrat then do not add rice flour)
- Add lemon juice and senda namak. Mix them well. All the ingredients should bind really well.
- Now take small portion of the mixture and shape it in a roll. Make the roll of the remaining mixture.
- Deep fry the sabudana rolls till golden brown.
Serve hot with sweet curd or green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Hope you liked it!!