These days tomatoes are really cheap in the market and vegetable sellers are flooded with tomatoes. This is the ideal time to make tomato ketchup / sauce. You can preserve this homemade for almost a year. It contains a preservative, sodium benzoate, which increases its shelf life.This homemade ketchup is made of tomatoes and only tomatoes. You can serve Springrolls, Kachori, Dhokla, Sandwich, Kothimbir Vadi, Burger and many other snacks.
Here we go,
Tomatoes – 2 kg
Green Chillies – 5-6 (cut into pieces)
Garlic – 8-10 cloves
Cloves (Laung) – 3-4
Sugar – ½ cup
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper – ½ tsp
Sodium Benzoate – ¼ tsp
- Rinse the tomatoes under running water and cut each tomato into four parts.
- Cut green chillies and garlic into pieces.
- Take a pressure cooker and add tomatoes, green chilli, garlic and cloves.
- Pressure cook to two whistles.
- Let it cool.
- Blend the tomato mixture to a smooth puree and strain it through a strainer to a heavy bottom wok.
- Keep the wok on a stove top. Add sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Stir continuously on a medium flame till the pulp starts thickening and reaches ketchup like consistency. The pulp should fall from the spoon in lumps. It should not fall free flow.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
- Add sodium benzoate to the sauce and mix well.
- Store it in a sterilized jar.
If you like our recipe leave a comment below. We would like to know your experiences as well. Or you can follow us at Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Welcome to the “BENEFIT SERIES” from RASOISE. Today I will discuss very few benefits of coriander leaf. Yesterday I met a friend who was suffering from thyroid. Her guide suggested her to chew raw leaves of dhania every morning empty stomach to bring the thyroid level in range. He also discussed and guided her to introduce and use coriander leaves in her routine. I thought rasoise should also educate the various benefits of routine ingredients. So let’s start with coriander leaf.
Coriander leaf also known as Cilantro, Chinese Parsley or Dhania, is common in every Indian kitchen. It is used for garnishing, making different chutneys, as an ingredient in many food recipes such as parathas, and sandwiches. Kothimbir vadi is the maharashtrian recipe with main ingredient as coriander leaves. Its dark green color makes it more attractive and appealing to use. 🙂 🙂
Coriander leaf has a great medicinal value. It is good source of roughage and fibre, thus relieving gastrointestinal problems and helps in digestion.
Raw chewing of coriander leaves, early morning, empty stomach, helps in controlling hypothyroidism.
It is great source of essential minerals and vitamins. Also, being rich in iron, it helps people with lower hemoglobin level and cures anemia. I also contain antioxidants which promotes a healthy body.
It is also effective in curing skin ailments when used with turmeric powder.
So, including coriander leaf in our daily routine food can help fighting many deficiencies.
Coriander leaf must be having certain other benefits as well. These were the benefits which we come to know in our day to day conversations with others. Hope this article is useful for all. 🙂
After completing my MBA I had joined Reliance Communications. They had huge campus at Koparkhairane and had 5 really huge canteens too. Eating at these canteens was one of our favorite time pass. Chili cheese Sandwich used to be our everyday breakfast. Just remembering those days I tried its recipe at home and I was back to good old days. 🙂
Bread – 8 Slices
Capsicum – 1 Medium, Chopped
Onion – 1 Medium, Chopped
Fresh Coriander Leaves – 2 tablespoon, Chopped
Paneer – ½ cup, Grated
Cheese – 1 Cup, Grated
Chilly – 2 Medium, Finely Chopped
Sandwich Masala – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
- Take a mixing bowl and add grated cheese and paneer. Then add all the vegetables and mix. Add Sandwich Masala and Mix. Taste the mixture, if you need salt then add salt to taste.
- Take bread slice, spread the mixture over it and cover it with another slice of bread making it a sandwich.
- Repeat the process for next 3 bread slices. Spread the mixture equally over all the 4 bread slices.
- Pre-heat the grill machine. Apply oil on the base of the grill. Place the sandwich and grill it till the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove the sandwich and cut them into triangular pieces. Serve them hot with ketchup or green chutney.
It is a very easy to cook and yummy breakfast option. Serving it with fried potatoes/veggies makes it a good evening snack option as well.
Hope you like it. Keep Cooking.