Summers have arrived and in this soaring summer frozen desert takes the first place. Everytime eating kulfi outside is not feasible, though you will find kulfi vendors at every corner of the street. So, here’s the simple yet again healthy version kulfi. This kulfi contains good amount of dry fruit such as almonds and pistachios with the goodness of saffron. The kulfi is made by boiling and boiling the milk, bringing it to half the amount. KIDS can be made happy by this homemade version of kulfi.
So, let’s beat the heat with this simple kulfi recipe,
- Milk – 1 litre
- Almonds – 15 nos.(soaked and peeled)
- Pistachios – 10 nos.
- Kesar – 5-6 strands
- Sugar – 5 tsp
- Grind the almonds and pistas with little milk in to coarse mixture. Keep it aside.
- Soak the kesar strands in 2 tsp milk.
- Boil Milk. Continue boiling on low flame until it reduces to half the quantity.
- Keep stirring continuously so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add sugar and allow it to dissolve.
- Add almond pista paste. Keep stirring for two three minutes.
- Close the flame and add kesar.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature.
- If you wish you can add khoya also, it enhances the creamy texture of the kulfi. I have not used it as it was not available.
- Pour the milk mixture in the kulfi moulds. Freeze it for atleast 10 hours.
- Enjoy the rich homemade KULFI.
If you are fond of deserts, check aamras recipe here.
If you liked this post, consider linking to it or sharing it with others or like us on Facebook.