Biryani taste even more delicious with a side gravy which brings its own unique taste. Every restaurant serves biryani with dahi raita and this side gravy dish in a small bowl. The quantity is so small that we end up using it as a chutney/spread with biryani. The home made gravy is an easy and close to restaurant flavor recipe.
- Chicken – 500gms, cut and washed
- Big onions – 2, finely chopped
- Big Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Ginger -1 tsp, long chopped
- Green chili – 3 nos, finely chopped
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds / Saunf – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 piece
- Cloves – 4 nos
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Add Black pepper, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn golden.
- Add tomato, green chilies and ginger. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric and coriander cumin powder. Mix them all well.
- Add chicken and cook on slow gas for 10-15 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Garnish the gravy with coriander leaves.
Serve it with Biryani, pulao, parantha, dosa or just with chapatti. Works in lot of ways!
Click the respective link to check out our recipes for Biryani, Vegetable Pulao and Aalo Parantha. And remember to follow us at Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Yesterday when I went to market for vegetable shopping, I could see kachhi Kerry on almost every vegetable counter. I was tempted and I bought some Kerry. Immediately after reaching home, I made raw mango akka kachhi Kerry chutney.
There are many recipes where main ingredient is raw mango. Aam ka panna, Kerry chunda, Kerry ki curry and chutney. This summer, I will definitely try catching up these recipes…J
You can serve this raw mango chutney with any kind of stuffed paratha such as Aaloo paratha / Matar paratha .
Here we go,
- Raw Mango – 1 small (peeled, cut into small pieces)
- Onion – 1 small (Cut into pieces)
- Coriander Leaves – 100gms
- Pudina Leaves _ few (optional)
- Green Chilli – 1 small
- Salt – To taste
- Chop raw mango, onion and green chilli into small pieces.
- Wash coriander leaves in the water.
- Grind all the ingredients in a mixer grinder.
- Raw mango chutney is ready.
The color of chutney is because of the onion used. You can also used white onion or spring onion. then probably the color of the chutney will be more green.
If you found this post useful, I would really love if you pin it on pinterest, share it on facebook or tweet it on twitter. All it takes is a simple click.
It will keep us motivated. Thank YOU!!!!!!
Do not forget to check our Coconut Lasoon Chutney and yummy Matar Kachori !!