Paneer is a must ingredient in our diet atleast once a week. Last week I tried Paneer Salsa Tortilla Wrap, and this week it was Paneer Butter Masala. I have also posted before Peas Paneer akka Matar Paneer. Paneer Butter Masala is generally served with tandoori roti / Naan / Garlic Naan / Onion Kulcha in most of the restaurants. I love it with garlic naan. Paneer Butter Masala is paneer pieces dipped in onion tomato gravy flavored in butter. It’s a must try recipe.
Here we go,
- Paneer – 250gms (Cut into cubes)
- Onion – 2 big (Coarsely grinded)
- Tomato – 2 big (grinded to puree)
- Garlic – 5-6 flakes (finely chopped)
- Cashew Nuts – 10 nos. (grinded with milk)
- Green Chillies – 2 nos. (finely chopped)
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Jeera Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Butter – 4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – few chopped for garmish
- Cut paneer into big cubes.
- Soak cashew nuts in warm milk for some time. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Grind chopped onions with ginger garlic paste to a slightly coarse or smooth paste.
- Heat oil and add 2 tbsp butter and add green chilli, onion, garlic paste mixture and saute until it turns light brown and the raw smell goes.
- Add tomato puree and saute until the mixture becomes really thick and oil separates from the mixture. Saute the tomato mixture until it leaves the pan and make sure masala is not burning at any stage.
- Add roasted cumin powder, sugar, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add milk and boil it for approx ten minutes or till the oil separates and the gravy dries to make thick masala gravy.
- Now add the ground cashewnut- milk mixture and fresh cream. Add kasuri methi and garam masala.
- Add remaining butter and paneer pieces and give it a stir. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Naan, Kulcha or parantha!!
If you like our recipe leave a comment below. We would like to know your experiences as well. Or you can follow us at Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Paneer as we all know is good for health, however, every time same type of recipe for paneer….hhmm…boring.
So, I realized some change is needed and then I remember the Mc Paneer Salsa Wrap. It was not possible for me to make the same wrap, but yes I tried making the best of the available ingredients in my kitchen. Since it’s a Mexican recipe, I have made few modifications in spices to give it little Indian taste.
Marinated paneer pieces along with salsa and cheese make this wrap a real yum!!!!! And yes at the same time healthy. Tortilla is generally made of all purpose flour; I have made wheat flour tortillas. Some veggies are also added to make it healthier. This recipe serves two – three tortilla wraps.
The recipe is in four steps:
- Paneer Marination and preparation
Ingredients for Paneer Marination:
- Paneer – 250gms (Cut into big cubes)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Spring onion – 1 nos. (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 nos. (cut into long slits)
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curd – 3 tsp
- Lime Juice- 1tsp
- Olive Oil
- Take a bowl. Add all the above ingredients accept Paneer.
- Mix all together and then add paneer.
- Mix gently, paneer pieces should not break.
- Add a tablespoon of Olive oil (Optional).
- Allow it to rest in the freezer for an hour.
- Take a wok, heat oil and shallow fry the marinated paneer. Keep it aside.
Ingredients for Salsa:
- Tomato – 1 medium (chopped)
- English Cucumber – 1 medium (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Spring Onion -1 medium (chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ nos. (square sliced)
- Carrot – 1 medium (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Keep it aside.
Ingredients for Tortilla:
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Warm Water – to knead
- Mix all the ingredients and knead soft dough.
- Keep it aside for half hour.
- Make three balls of equal size. Roll out each ball into a thin, big, circular roti.
- Heat a griddle (preferably non stick) and lightly roast the tortilla on both sides for about a minute. The tortillas should not become brown, just roast for a few seconds.
- Repeat with all the tortillas and keep it aside.
Ingredients for Wrapping:
- Marinated Paneer
- Coriander Chutney
- Mozilla Cheese (optional)
- Take a tortilla. Spread some green chutney.
- Spread some mayonnaise. Then put some paneer pieces. Top it with Salsa.
- If using, grated some cheese.
- Wrap it and support it with a toothpick.
- Heat the griddle and cook the tortilla wrap for few seconds.
If you liked this post, consider linking to it or sharing it with others or like us on Facebook.
Do not forget to leave a comment !!!!
Milk and milk products are very important part of our diet. Paneer is a fresh cheese, also known as chenna is made curdling heated milk with lemon juice, vinegar, or any other food acids. Moist and soft crumbly in texture, it is used to make delicacies such as Sandesh, Mutter paneer and Rasgulla. It is a rich source of milk protein. Paneer is the rich source of calcium, phosphorus, vitamins, minerals and protein which are required by the body in high proportions for healthy growth and development.
Since paneer is a high protein food having high level of calcium and phosphorus it helps in building strong bones and teeth.
Paneer is high protein diet having monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat which helps in lowering and managing the body weight.
My mom used to say paneer is essential in kid’s diet. It provides better nourishment to the growing age children. It boosts the immune system and thus prevents the risk of various diseases in children like cough, cold, bronchial asthma and etc. Its availability of good level of vitamins, minerals, calcium and phosphorus provides better and healthy nutrients for growth of bones and brain.
Its high value of B group vitamins, high protein level, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants helps hair and skin gets healthy, glowing and rejuvenate.
Here’s a simple recipe,
Chilli Paneer (Dry)
Chilli Paneer is an Indo Chinese recipe. This recipe is frequently made in my kitchen. Paneer is deep fried in a batter of maida and corn flour. Here, I have shallow fried paneer dusted with corn flour. As the name suggests it also contains capsicum as another main ingredient.
This recipe is so easy to make and it’s not time consuming. If you have sauces ready you are done.
Let’s see how:
- Paneer – 200 gms (cubed)
- Capsicum – 2 nos (cut into pieces)
- Onion – 1 nos ( cubed)
- Green chillies – 2 nos. (cut into long and thin slits)
- Garlic – 4 flakes (roughly crushed)
- Spring Onion green – 2 tsp (chopped)
- Soya Sauce – 2 tsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Dust the paneer cubes with corn flour. Shallow fry the paneer cubes for two minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and green chillies. Saute for a while and add cubed onions. Saute till little brown in color.
- Add capsicum pieces and sauté on high flame for approx two minutes. Capsicum pieces should be tender and not soft.
- Reduce the flame and add all the sauces and salt. Add black pepper.
- Add fried paneer cubes. Saute till the mixture blends uniformly.
- Close the flame. Drizzle lemon juice and garnish with spring onion green.
- Serve hot!!
Chilli Paneer can be served as starter or as evening snack.
If you liked the post, do not forget to
Follow us at Facebook
Last year I went to Ladakh on a tour. During that tour we visited a place named Nubra Valley. There were small huts made of bamboo sticks. A different place to visit. Well the chef of the kitchen was very friendly and after almost 10 days we got an opportunity to eat home made food. The chef gave us an opportunity to cook with him. And this recipe is from his kitchen !!
- Paneer – 150 gms (cut into one inch cube)
- Peas – one cup
- Onion – 2 big (cut into pieces)
- Tomato – 2 big (cut into pieces)
- Green Chili – 2 nos
- Garlic cloves – 7-8 nos
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter (fat free) – 2 tsp
- Olive oil
- Heat two tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan. Add little salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder. Put paneer pieces . Sauté light handedly and cook for two minutes. Close the flame.
- Boil a glass of water in a pan. Put the peas in the boiling water and keep it aside for fifteen minutes. This will make peas little soft.
- Heat two tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan and add jeera, green chilli, garlic cloves and ginger. Sauté for a minute and add onion pieces. Saute for another two minutes and add tomato. Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, cardamom powder. Saute till you get nice aroma and color of all the spices. Let it cool.
- Add this point add a few drops of cooking red color (this is optional, I generally do not use any colors).
- Now transfer the mixture in a grinder and add milk.
- Heat butter in a nonstick pan and pour the mixture from the grinder. If the mixture seems to be little thicker you can add more milk. Sauté for two minutes and add peas.
- Let it cook on slow flame with covered lid for next ten minutes. Saute in between.
- Add paneer pieces, sauté for one minute and close the flame. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Peas Paneer is ready !! 🙂
Serve hot with Naan, kulcha or paratha!!