This Eggless Dry fruit Cake is very close to my heart……..Today I baked my first cake!!!!
It turned out really well, yummy and delicious.
I had never baked before. My mom used to make vanilla cake, chocolate cake during our childhood days.
This version of cake is really healthy as it contains lots of dry fruits and dates, less of sugar (as compared to other cakes), contains milk and butter. So because the ingredients are healthy…the final product is healthy…..
Here we go,
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Dates – 20 (seedless)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Dry fruits – 1 cup (mix of almond, cashew, walnut)
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- White Butter – ½ cup (homemade)
- Milk skin (Malai) – ¼ cup
- Raisins – few
- Bring milk to a boil with dates. Allow it to cool at room temperature.
- In the meantime, take a big bowl and sieve all purpose flour and baking powder in it.
- Add milk skin and butter. Mix it well for five minutes. Keep it aside
- Now grind milk and dates along with sugar. Grind it to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to all purpose flour and butter mixture.
- Add dry fruits (coarsely crushed) to the mixture.
- Grease the baking tray with oil. Transfer the batter to the baking tray.
- Garnish it with raisins.
- Now bake the cake in convention on 160C for 35 to 40 minutes. You can check after twenty minutes.
- Mine was done in 35 minutes.
The cake is ready!! 🙂
If you like the recipe, leave a comment !!