KFC is one of our few favorite fast food joints. Many times we have visited KFC to savor the taste of crispy & crunchy fried chicken. But you cannot indulge in such food on regular basis. So Sunday being a family day, we decided to cook crispy fried chicken at home. Just the KFC Way! It came out crisp, delicious and fabulous! It is an easy recipe which has the potential to become your kids favorite recipe.
- Chicken with Skin – 1 Whole, cut into pieces
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder -1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1tsp
- Egg – 1, beaten
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Cornflakes – 1 cup, crushed
- Garlic – 6-7 cloves, finely chopped
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Basil – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a large glass dish or bowl, combine the water, salt, red chili and garam masala and mix together. Add chicken and mix them well. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 5-6 hours.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together garlic, egg and buttermilk. Stir to form a fine paste.
- In another shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, cornflakes, salt, red chili, oregano, basil and black pepper.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, discarding remaining water.
- Preheat oil in a deep wok.
- One at a time, dip chicken first into the egg mixture. Then roll chicken into the flour mixture. Then again into the egg mixture and again into the flour mixture.
- Now leave the chicken in oil to fry. Deep fry the chicken and remove. Remove excess oil using a tissue paper.
- Repeat the process for remaining chicken.
Serve them hot with cheese sauce and ketchup.
If you like the recipe, please leave a comment below. I would really love to know how it turned out for you guys!
And dont forget to follow us at Facebook