KFC is one of our few favorite fast food joints. Many times we have visited KFC to savor the taste of crispy & crunchy fried chicken. But you cannot indulge in such food on regular basis. So Sunday being a family day, we decided to cook crispy fried chicken at home. Just the KFC Way! It came out crisp, delicious and fabulous! It is an easy recipe which has the potential to become your kids favorite recipe.
- Chicken with Skin – 1 Whole, cut into pieces
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder -1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1tsp
- Egg – 1, beaten
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Cornflakes – 1 cup, crushed
- Garlic – 6-7 cloves, finely chopped
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Basil – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a large glass dish or bowl, combine the water, salt, red chili and garam masala and mix together. Add chicken and mix them well. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 5-6 hours.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together garlic, egg and buttermilk. Stir to form a fine paste.
- In another shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, cornflakes, salt, red chili, oregano, basil and black pepper.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, discarding remaining water.
- Preheat oil in a deep wok.
- One at a time, dip chicken first into the egg mixture. Then roll chicken into the flour mixture. Then again into the egg mixture and again into the flour mixture.
- Now leave the chicken in oil to fry. Deep fry the chicken and remove. Remove excess oil using a tissue paper.
- Repeat the process for remaining chicken.
Serve them hot with cheese sauce and ketchup.
If you like the recipe, please leave a comment below. I would really love to know how it turned out for you guys!
And dont forget to follow us at Facebook
Paneer as we all know is good for health, however, every time same type of recipe for paneer….hhmm…boring.
So, I realized some change is needed and then I remember the Mc Paneer Salsa Wrap. It was not possible for me to make the same wrap, but yes I tried making the best of the available ingredients in my kitchen. Since it’s a Mexican recipe, I have made few modifications in spices to give it little Indian taste.
Marinated paneer pieces along with salsa and cheese make this wrap a real yum!!!!! And yes at the same time healthy. Tortilla is generally made of all purpose flour; I have made wheat flour tortillas. Some veggies are also added to make it healthier. This recipe serves two – three tortilla wraps.
The recipe is in four steps:
- Paneer Marination and preparation
Ingredients for Paneer Marination:
- Paneer – 250gms (Cut into big cubes)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Spring onion – 1 nos. (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 nos. (cut into long slits)
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curd – 3 tsp
- Lime Juice- 1tsp
- Olive Oil
- Take a bowl. Add all the above ingredients accept Paneer.
- Mix all together and then add paneer.
- Mix gently, paneer pieces should not break.
- Add a tablespoon of Olive oil (Optional).
- Allow it to rest in the freezer for an hour.
- Take a wok, heat oil and shallow fry the marinated paneer. Keep it aside.
Ingredients for Salsa:
- Tomato – 1 medium (chopped)
- English Cucumber – 1 medium (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Spring Onion -1 medium (chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ nos. (square sliced)
- Carrot – 1 medium (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Keep it aside.
Ingredients for Tortilla:
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Warm Water – to knead
- Mix all the ingredients and knead soft dough.
- Keep it aside for half hour.
- Make three balls of equal size. Roll out each ball into a thin, big, circular roti.
- Heat a griddle (preferably non stick) and lightly roast the tortilla on both sides for about a minute. The tortillas should not become brown, just roast for a few seconds.
- Repeat with all the tortillas and keep it aside.
Ingredients for Wrapping:
- Marinated Paneer
- Coriander Chutney
- Mozilla Cheese (optional)
- Take a tortilla. Spread some green chutney.
- Spread some mayonnaise. Then put some paneer pieces. Top it with Salsa.
- If using, grated some cheese.
- Wrap it and support it with a toothpick.
- Heat the griddle and cook the tortilla wrap for few seconds.
If you liked this post, consider linking to it or sharing it with others or like us on Facebook.
Do not forget to leave a comment !!!!
This Eggless Dry fruit Cake is very close to my heart……..Today I baked my first cake!!!!
It turned out really well, yummy and delicious.
I had never baked before. My mom used to make vanilla cake, chocolate cake during our childhood days.
This version of cake is really healthy as it contains lots of dry fruits and dates, less of sugar (as compared to other cakes), contains milk and butter. So because the ingredients are healthy…the final product is healthy…..
Here we go,
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Dates – 20 (seedless)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Dry fruits – 1 cup (mix of almond, cashew, walnut)
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- White Butter – ½ cup (homemade)
- Milk skin (Malai) – ¼ cup
- Raisins – few
- Bring milk to a boil with dates. Allow it to cool at room temperature.
- In the meantime, take a big bowl and sieve all purpose flour and baking powder in it.
- Add milk skin and butter. Mix it well for five minutes. Keep it aside
- Now grind milk and dates along with sugar. Grind it to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to all purpose flour and butter mixture.
- Add dry fruits (coarsely crushed) to the mixture.
- Grease the baking tray with oil. Transfer the batter to the baking tray.
- Garnish it with raisins.
- Now bake the cake in convention on 160C for 35 to 40 minutes. You can check after twenty minutes.
- Mine was done in 35 minutes.
The cake is ready!! 🙂
If you like the recipe, leave a comment !!
Sabudana (Sago) is the major ingredient used during fasting / Vrat. Since Navratri is on, I thought of preparing few recipes of sabudana. Today I am sharing the recipe of Sabudana Roll, a crisp and delicious snack which can be served in morning or evening snack or even as a side dish in main course. Sabudana Roll recipe comes from Maharashtrian cuisine and it tastes heaven with sweet curd.
Here we go with the recipe,
- Sabudana (sago) – 1 cup (Soaked overnight and drained)
- Potato – 3 medium (boiled and mashed)
- Rice Flour – 2 tsp
- Peanuts (mungpahli) – ½ cup (roasted, deskinned and coarsely grinded)
- Green Chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1tsp
- Coriander Leaves – few (chopped)
- Senda namak – To taste
- Soak sabudana overnight (minimum 6hrs of soaking is required). Drain it in the morning.
- Take a big bowl with drained sabudana. Add mashed potatoes, roasted peanuts, green chillies, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add rice flour (if you are making it for vrat then do not add rice flour)
- Add lemon juice and senda namak. Mix them well. All the ingredients should bind really well.
- Now take small portion of the mixture and shape it in a roll. Make the roll of the remaining mixture.
- Deep fry the sabudana rolls till golden brown.
Serve hot with sweet curd or green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Hope you liked it!!