Usually, I make Idli in Idli steamer. This time, I tried making in microwave friendly idli moulds. The result was little fluffy, but definitely soft idlis.
Here we go,
Idli Batter – 4 big spoon
Salt – to taste
Oil for greasing
- Beat the batter. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Add salt.
- Take the Microwave friendly Idli mould and apply oil in the idly dents.
- Fill the Idly dents with batter and Pour half glass water into the Idli steamer pot.
- Microwave for five minutes.
- Idli is ready.
If you like our recipe leave a comment below. We would like to know your experiences as well. Or you can follow us at Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Yesterday I made dosa batter at home. The batter was just perfect, as the batter was spreading decently on the griddle. I used non stick dosa griddle. Masala dosa was served with sambhar and coconut chutney. I will be posting both the recipes later this week. J Till then you can check out Punjabi Cholle Bhature or Maharashtrian Komdi vada recipe.
Since the batter recipe is already discussed in DIY series yesterday, this recipe contains making of potato filling and dosa. The dosa tastes heaven when it is hot and crisp served with tangy at the same time spicy sambhar.
Without tempting you much, let’s start with the recipe,
Ingredients for Potato filling:
- Potato – 5 nos. (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Onion – 1 big (cut into long slits)
- Green chilli – 2 nos. (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 big (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- White Sesame Seeds – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – few (chopped)
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds (after cracking sound), sesame seeds, onion slices.
- Sauté till it turns slightly brown.
- Add tomatoes and green chillies. Saute for one minute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder. Saute for another two minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes. Sauté for two minutes. Cover with a tight lid.
- Let it cook on low flame for another five minutes. Saute in-between.
- Our filling is ready!! Garnish with coriander leaves.
Ingredients for Masala Dosa:
- Dosa Batter
- Potato Masala
- Heat a non stick griddle. Take a big spoonful of dosa batter, pour it on the griddle and spread quickly in the circular motion to make a thin dosa.
- Drizzle ghee when it gets cooked.
- Put a spoon full of potato masala in the middle.
- Fold and close the masala dosa.
- Serve hot !!
If you liked the recipe, leave a comment.
Don’t forget to hit a like on facebook.