Paneer is a must ingredient in our diet atleast once a week. Last week I tried Paneer Salsa Tortilla Wrap, and this week it was Paneer Butter Masala. I have also posted before Peas Paneer akka Matar Paneer. Paneer Butter Masala is generally served with tandoori roti / Naan / Garlic Naan / Onion Kulcha in most of the restaurants. I love it with garlic naan. Paneer Butter Masala is paneer pieces dipped in onion tomato gravy flavored in butter. It’s a must try recipe.
Here we go,
- Paneer – 250gms (Cut into cubes)
- Onion – 2 big (Coarsely grinded)
- Tomato – 2 big (grinded to puree)
- Garlic – 5-6 flakes (finely chopped)
- Cashew Nuts – 10 nos. (grinded with milk)
- Green Chillies – 2 nos. (finely chopped)
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Jeera Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Butter – 4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – few chopped for garmish
- Cut paneer into big cubes.
- Soak cashew nuts in warm milk for some time. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Grind chopped onions with ginger garlic paste to a slightly coarse or smooth paste.
- Heat oil and add 2 tbsp butter and add green chilli, onion, garlic paste mixture and saute until it turns light brown and the raw smell goes.
- Add tomato puree and saute until the mixture becomes really thick and oil separates from the mixture. Saute the tomato mixture until it leaves the pan and make sure masala is not burning at any stage.
- Add roasted cumin powder, sugar, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add milk and boil it for approx ten minutes or till the oil separates and the gravy dries to make thick masala gravy.
- Now add the ground cashewnut- milk mixture and fresh cream. Add kasuri methi and garam masala.
- Add remaining butter and paneer pieces and give it a stir. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Naan, Kulcha or parantha!!
If you like our recipe leave a comment below. We would like to know your experiences as well. Or you can follow us at Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Paneer as we all know is good for health, however, every time same type of recipe for paneer….hhmm…boring.
So, I realized some change is needed and then I remember the Mc Paneer Salsa Wrap. It was not possible for me to make the same wrap, but yes I tried making the best of the available ingredients in my kitchen. Since it’s a Mexican recipe, I have made few modifications in spices to give it little Indian taste.
Marinated paneer pieces along with salsa and cheese make this wrap a real yum!!!!! And yes at the same time healthy. Tortilla is generally made of all purpose flour; I have made wheat flour tortillas. Some veggies are also added to make it healthier. This recipe serves two – three tortilla wraps.
The recipe is in four steps:
- Paneer Marination and preparation
Ingredients for Paneer Marination:
- Paneer – 250gms (Cut into big cubes)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Spring onion – 1 nos. (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 nos. (cut into long slits)
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curd – 3 tsp
- Lime Juice- 1tsp
- Olive Oil
- Take a bowl. Add all the above ingredients accept Paneer.
- Mix all together and then add paneer.
- Mix gently, paneer pieces should not break.
- Add a tablespoon of Olive oil (Optional).
- Allow it to rest in the freezer for an hour.
- Take a wok, heat oil and shallow fry the marinated paneer. Keep it aside.
Ingredients for Salsa:
- Tomato – 1 medium (chopped)
- English Cucumber – 1 medium (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Spring Onion -1 medium (chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ nos. (square sliced)
- Carrot – 1 medium (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Keep it aside.
Ingredients for Tortilla:
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Warm Water – to knead
- Mix all the ingredients and knead soft dough.
- Keep it aside for half hour.
- Make three balls of equal size. Roll out each ball into a thin, big, circular roti.
- Heat a griddle (preferably non stick) and lightly roast the tortilla on both sides for about a minute. The tortillas should not become brown, just roast for a few seconds.
- Repeat with all the tortillas and keep it aside.
Ingredients for Wrapping:
- Marinated Paneer
- Coriander Chutney
- Mozilla Cheese (optional)
- Take a tortilla. Spread some green chutney.
- Spread some mayonnaise. Then put some paneer pieces. Top it with Salsa.
- If using, grated some cheese.
- Wrap it and support it with a toothpick.
- Heat the griddle and cook the tortilla wrap for few seconds.
If you liked this post, consider linking to it or sharing it with others or like us on Facebook.
Do not forget to leave a comment !!!!