KFC is one of our few favorite fast food joints. Many times we have visited KFC to savor the taste of crispy & crunchy fried chicken. But you cannot indulge in such food on regular basis. So Sunday being a family day, we decided to cook crispy fried chicken at home. Just the KFC Way! It came out crisp, delicious and fabulous! It is an easy recipe which has the potential to become your kids favorite recipe.
- Chicken with Skin – 1 Whole, cut into pieces
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder -1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1tsp
- Egg – 1, beaten
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Cornflakes – 1 cup, crushed
- Garlic – 6-7 cloves, finely chopped
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Basil – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a large glass dish or bowl, combine the water, salt, red chili and garam masala and mix together. Add chicken and mix them well. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 5-6 hours.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together garlic, egg and buttermilk. Stir to form a fine paste.
- In another shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, cornflakes, salt, red chili, oregano, basil and black pepper.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, discarding remaining water.
- Preheat oil in a deep wok.
- One at a time, dip chicken first into the egg mixture. Then roll chicken into the flour mixture. Then again into the egg mixture and again into the flour mixture.
- Now leave the chicken in oil to fry. Deep fry the chicken and remove. Remove excess oil using a tissue paper.
- Repeat the process for remaining chicken.
Serve them hot with cheese sauce and ketchup.
If you like the recipe, please leave a comment below. I would really love to know how it turned out for you guys!
And dont forget to follow us at Facebook
Paneer as we all know is good for health, however, every time same type of recipe for paneer….hhmm…boring.
So, I realized some change is needed and then I remember the Mc Paneer Salsa Wrap. It was not possible for me to make the same wrap, but yes I tried making the best of the available ingredients in my kitchen. Since it’s a Mexican recipe, I have made few modifications in spices to give it little Indian taste.
Marinated paneer pieces along with salsa and cheese make this wrap a real yum!!!!! And yes at the same time healthy. Tortilla is generally made of all purpose flour; I have made wheat flour tortillas. Some veggies are also added to make it healthier. This recipe serves two – three tortilla wraps.
The recipe is in four steps:
- Paneer Marination and preparation
Ingredients for Paneer Marination:
- Paneer – 250gms (Cut into big cubes)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Spring onion – 1 nos. (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 nos. (cut into long slits)
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curd – 3 tsp
- Lime Juice- 1tsp
- Olive Oil
- Take a bowl. Add all the above ingredients accept Paneer.
- Mix all together and then add paneer.
- Mix gently, paneer pieces should not break.
- Add a tablespoon of Olive oil (Optional).
- Allow it to rest in the freezer for an hour.
- Take a wok, heat oil and shallow fry the marinated paneer. Keep it aside.
Ingredients for Salsa:
- Tomato – 1 medium (chopped)
- English Cucumber – 1 medium (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Spring Onion -1 medium (chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ nos. (square sliced)
- Carrot – 1 medium (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Keep it aside.
Ingredients for Tortilla:
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Warm Water – to knead
- Mix all the ingredients and knead soft dough.
- Keep it aside for half hour.
- Make three balls of equal size. Roll out each ball into a thin, big, circular roti.
- Heat a griddle (preferably non stick) and lightly roast the tortilla on both sides for about a minute. The tortillas should not become brown, just roast for a few seconds.
- Repeat with all the tortillas and keep it aside.
Ingredients for Wrapping:
- Marinated Paneer
- Coriander Chutney
- Mozilla Cheese (optional)
- Take a tortilla. Spread some green chutney.
- Spread some mayonnaise. Then put some paneer pieces. Top it with Salsa.
- If using, grated some cheese.
- Wrap it and support it with a toothpick.
- Heat the griddle and cook the tortilla wrap for few seconds.
If you liked this post, consider linking to it or sharing it with others or like us on Facebook.
Do not forget to leave a comment !!!!
Gratin is basically a French dish cooked/baked in a shallow dish with ingredients covered with cheese. Vegetable Au Gratin is the most common recipe prepared in Au Gratin form. Fish, seafood, Chicken can also be prepared in Au gratin form. I have used pasta (macaroni) in the regular vegetable Au gratin to make it a full meal with salad.
It is very simple and easy recipe to try. It is also a great way to make your kids eat all the veggies without any hassle. It is basically cooked in white sauce and cheese. I have tried the recipe with a little twist of red sauce and cheese to make it more healthier. White sauce uses maida (All purpose flour) which we will not be using in this version of the recipe.
Also,this recipe can taste bland at times, so I have indian-ised it with few of our spices and flavors.
- Tomatoes – 10 big nos.
- Garlic cloves – 10 nos., finely chopped
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Beans – 1 Cup, finely chopped
- Carrot -1 Cup, finely chopped
- Capsicum -1 Cup, finely chopped
- Cauliflower -1 Cup, finely chopped
- Spring onions – 1 Cup, finely chopped (Save some of the green part for decoration)
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Pepper Powder – 1tsp
- Black pepper – 1tsp, grinded
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
For Au Gratin:
- Above prepared veggies and tomato sauce
- Mayonnaise – 1 tsp
- Macaroni – 2 cups, boiled
- Mozzarella Cheese – 1 cup freshly grated
Step 1: Sauce
- Take the tomatoes in a big sauce pan. Cut them from the bottom in a cross. Add water and boil them.
- After boiling run them under tap water, so that the skin starts to come off. Peel off the skin from all the tomatoes.
- Grind half the tomatoes and chop the other half.
- Take the sauce pan, add oil. Add garlic and chopped tomatoes. Cook them for 2 mins on high flame.
- Add pureed tomatoes, salt ,sugar and cook till the water starts to dry up. Please note we do not have to dry up the water completely. Also, keep stirring.
- Add Basil and oregano and turn off the gas. Cover the pan and let it cool under steam.
Step 2: Veggies
- Melt the butter on a low heat in a saucepan. Add all the veggies and stir them. Then add salt, pepper powder, black pepper and cumin powder. Let it cook till the vegetables are half cooked.
- Add cream and milk and cook till oil separates.
Step 3: Macaroni
- Take a pan, add oil and water. Bring it to boil. Then add salt and macaroni. Keep stirring and boil till macaroni softens.
- Drain the macaroni and transfer to a big bowl.
Step 4: Assemble in Casserole
- Preheat the oven at 230 degree C.
- Take the Casserole or bake tray. Apply butter to all the sides and spread vegetables, prepared in step 2, evenly in the tray.
- Add a layer of the mayonnaise now on top of the vegetables.
- Spread boiled macaroni evenly as our third layer, totally covering vegetables and mayonnaise.
- Now spread tomato sauce, prepared in step 1, evenly over the entire sheet of macaroni.
- Finish the layering with grated cheese and chopped greens of spring onion.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Then remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil. Bake again for 5-7 minutes, until you get a light golden brown top layer.
And it is ready. Enjoy and savor!
- You can use the vegetables easily available at your home or of your choice. Vegetables other than the ones used can be; peas, broccoli, potato, Corn or Eggplant.
- If you do not want to use pasta in your recipe, you can simply follow step 1, 2 and 4 for Vegetable Au Gratin.
- Tomato sauce prepared here is easily available in market as Pizza Sauce. If you want to save on time, you can buy from market. Though homemade is healthy with no preservatives and tastes better.
- Mayonnaise is totally optional.
You can also see our other baking recipe of Eggless Dryfruit cake and our recipes in Chinese cuisine Veg Fried Rice And Manchurian Gravy.
Follow us at Facebook