After completing my MBA I had joined Reliance Communications. They had huge campus at Koparkhairane and had 5 really huge canteens too. Eating at these canteens was one of our favorite time pass. Chili cheese Sandwich used to be our everyday breakfast. Just remembering those days I tried its recipe at home and I was back to good old days. 🙂
Bread – 8 Slices
Capsicum – 1 Medium, Chopped
Onion – 1 Medium, Chopped
Fresh Coriander Leaves – 2 tablespoon, Chopped
Paneer – ½ cup, Grated
Cheese – 1 Cup, Grated
Chilly – 2 Medium, Finely Chopped
Sandwich Masala – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
- Take a mixing bowl and add grated cheese and paneer. Then add all the vegetables and mix. Add Sandwich Masala and Mix. Taste the mixture, if you need salt then add salt to taste.
- Take bread slice, spread the mixture over it and cover it with another slice of bread making it a sandwich.
- Repeat the process for next 3 bread slices. Spread the mixture equally over all the 4 bread slices.
- Pre-heat the grill machine. Apply oil on the base of the grill. Place the sandwich and grill it till the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove the sandwich and cut them into triangular pieces. Serve them hot with ketchup or green chutney.
It is a very easy to cook and yummy breakfast option. Serving it with fried potatoes/veggies makes it a good evening snack option as well.
Hope you like it. Keep Cooking.
Vegetable Pulao is the beginners recipe as it is very simple and easy to cook. It is a healthy dish as it contains lot of vegetables of different colors. Whenever I feel I am running short of time and also wish to cook something tasty then Vegetable Pulao is my choice!!!!
- Rice (Basmati preferred) 1 cup (soaked for half hour))
- Cauliflower 5 florets
- Green peas ¼ cup
- Capsicum ½ sliced
- Carrot 1 big (cut into small pieces)
- Potato 1 medium (cut into pieces)
- Beans 6 nos ( cut into long slits)
- Onion 1 medium (cut into long slits))
- Green Chillies 2 nos (cut into small pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Cloves 2 nos.
- Bay leaf 1nos.
- Cumin Seeds ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 2 tsp
- Dry Mango powder ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves few chopped
- Take a Pressure cooker. Heat 2 tsp oil and add bay leaf and cloves. Allow to splutter.
- Add onions and garlic ginger paste. Saute on medium flame till onion turns light brown.
- Add all the vegetables and dry spices along with drained rice. Mix well and saute for two mins and add two cups of water. Bring it to boil.
- Pressure cook for two whistles approx 5minutes.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and garnish the pulao with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Raita and beetroot raddish salad!!!!
Mix Vegetable Pulao can also be served with curry / gravy such as paneer butter masala, kadhi etc!!!!
Hope you liked it!! Enjoy Cooking!!!!