Milk and milk products are very important part of our diet. Paneer is a fresh cheese, also known as chenna is made curdling heated milk with lemon juice, vinegar, or any other food acids. Moist and soft crumbly in texture, it is used to make delicacies such as Sandesh, Mutter paneer and Rasgulla. It is a rich source of milk protein. Paneer is the rich source of calcium, phosphorus, vitamins, minerals and protein which are required by the body in high proportions for healthy growth and development.
Since paneer is a high protein food having high level of calcium and phosphorus it helps in building strong bones and teeth.
Paneer is high protein diet having monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat which helps in lowering and managing the body weight.
My mom used to say paneer is essential in kid’s diet. It provides better nourishment to the growing age children. It boosts the immune system and thus prevents the risk of various diseases in children like cough, cold, bronchial asthma and etc. Its availability of good level of vitamins, minerals, calcium and phosphorus provides better and healthy nutrients for growth of bones and brain.
Its high value of B group vitamins, high protein level, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants helps hair and skin gets healthy, glowing and rejuvenate.
Here’s a simple recipe,
Chilli Paneer (Dry)
Chilli Paneer is an Indo Chinese recipe. This recipe is frequently made in my kitchen. Paneer is deep fried in a batter of maida and corn flour. Here, I have shallow fried paneer dusted with corn flour. As the name suggests it also contains capsicum as another main ingredient.
This recipe is so easy to make and it’s not time consuming. If you have sauces ready you are done.
Let’s see how:
- Paneer – 200 gms (cubed)
- Capsicum – 2 nos (cut into pieces)
- Onion – 1 nos ( cubed)
- Green chillies – 2 nos. (cut into long and thin slits)
- Garlic – 4 flakes (roughly crushed)
- Spring Onion green – 2 tsp (chopped)
- Soya Sauce – 2 tsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Dust the paneer cubes with corn flour. Shallow fry the paneer cubes for two minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and green chillies. Saute for a while and add cubed onions. Saute till little brown in color.
- Add capsicum pieces and sauté on high flame for approx two minutes. Capsicum pieces should be tender and not soft.
- Reduce the flame and add all the sauces and salt. Add black pepper.
- Add fried paneer cubes. Saute till the mixture blends uniformly.
- Close the flame. Drizzle lemon juice and garnish with spring onion green.
- Serve hot!!
Chilli Paneer can be served as starter or as evening snack.
If you liked the post, do not forget to
Follow us at Facebook