Biryani taste even more delicious with a side gravy which brings its own unique taste. Every restaurant serves biryani with dahi raita and this side gravy dish in a small bowl. The quantity is so small that we end up using it as a chutney/spread with biryani. The home made gravy is an easy and close to restaurant flavor recipe.
- Chicken – 500gms, cut and washed
- Big onions – 2, finely chopped
- Big Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Ginger -1 tsp, long chopped
- Green chili – 3 nos, finely chopped
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds / Saunf – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 piece
- Cloves – 4 nos
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Add Black pepper, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn golden.
- Add tomato, green chilies and ginger. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric and coriander cumin powder. Mix them all well.
- Add chicken and cook on slow gas for 10-15 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Garnish the gravy with coriander leaves.
Serve it with Biryani, pulao, parantha, dosa or just with chapatti. Works in lot of ways!