Sabudana (Sago) is the major ingredient used during fasting / Vrat. Since Navratri is on, I thought of preparing few recipes of sabudana. Today I am sharing the recipe of Sabudana Roll, a crisp and delicious snack which can be served in morning or evening snack or even as a side dish in main course. Sabudana Roll recipe comes from Maharashtrian cuisine and it tastes heaven with sweet curd.
Here we go with the recipe,
- Sabudana (sago) – 1 cup (Soaked overnight and drained)
- Potato – 3 medium (boiled and mashed)
- Rice Flour – 2 tsp
- Peanuts (mungpahli) – ½ cup (roasted, deskinned and coarsely grinded)
- Green Chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1tsp
- Coriander Leaves – few (chopped)
- Senda namak – To taste
- Soak sabudana overnight (minimum 6hrs of soaking is required). Drain it in the morning.
- Take a big bowl with drained sabudana. Add mashed potatoes, roasted peanuts, green chillies, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add rice flour (if you are making it for vrat then do not add rice flour)
- Add lemon juice and senda namak. Mix them well. All the ingredients should bind really well.
- Now take small portion of the mixture and shape it in a roll. Make the roll of the remaining mixture.
- Deep fry the sabudana rolls till golden brown.
Serve hot with sweet curd or green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Hope you liked it!!