Rawa Dhokla also sometimes referred as “white dhokla “comes from Gujarati cuisine. It is soft and spongy snack generally served with coriander or mint chutney. It’s main ingredient is rawa viz. semolina and curd. As it is a healthy snack, it is a perfect snack for kids lunch box.
Today we will be preparing instant rawa dhokla!!
Here we go,
- Fine Rawa – 1cup
- Sour Curd – 1 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Eno – 1 pouch
- Green Chilli – 3 nos. (finely cut)
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Hing – a pinch
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds (Rai) – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – ½ tsp
- Sesame Seeds (til) – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few chopped
- Take a big bowl and mix rawa, curd, water and salt.
- Beat until smooth and there are no lumps. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, add approx two glasses of water in the steamer and grease its trays with a tsp of oil.
- Add green chilli, ginger paste, onion and green peas. Mix well.
- Add Eno in the batter and mix until bubble appears on the surface.
- Pour the batter into the greased tray till its half capacity and place in the steamer.
- Steam it on high flame for five minutes and low flame for another ten minutes.
- After fifteen minutes check with the knife if it’s ready (If knife comes out clean, its ready).
- Let it cool for ten minutes and then cut into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when they crackle add cumin seeds and sesame seeds, add curry leaves. Sauté for a while.
- Pour the tempering on the steamed rawa dhokla. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Rawa Dhokla is ready!! 🙂
Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup in morning or evening breakfast!!
This can also be used as side dish for lunch.