The recipe of Black Chana Curry is easy to make. My mom used to cook this curry every Saturday. Reason being it is rich in iron which is necessary for every woman. So, have to eat it at least once a week. I definitely still try to follow the same regime of preparing this curry every Saturday!! Thank You Mom !! 🙂
- Black Chana – 1 cup (soaked overnight and boiled)
- Onion – 2 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 medium sided (blended into smooth paste)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 nos. (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – few (finely chopped)
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and green chilli. Saute for another two minutes.
- Add blended tomatoes. Mix well and stir continuously till the raw smell goes away.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add the boiled black chana and stir continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Let it cook on low flame for another ten minutes. If you want to dilute the gravy add water.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Black Chana Curry is ready !! 🙂
Black Chana Curry can be served with Indian breads like roti or paratha. It also tastes delicious with jeera rice.