Kothimbir vadi is a maharashtrian recipe. It is basically coriander fritters i.e. chopped coriander leaves in besan along with dry spices. It is spicy tea time snack which can be served with tomato ketchup or tamarind chutney.
Here we go with the recipe,
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup (chopped)
- Besan (Chikpea Flour) – 2 cups
- Rice Flour – ¼ cup
- Semolina (Rava) – ¼ cup
- Garlic Cloves – 2 minced
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger paste – ½ tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Salt – To taste
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients for batter.
- Mix with water to form a smooth and thick batter.
- Apply oil at the base and sides of a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the batter mixture in the microwave safe bowl and cover with the lid.
- Microwave for 4 mins or till the mixture is cooked and concrete. Check with a knife, if it comes out clean, the batter is done. Allow it to cool on room temperature.
- Cut it into desired shape.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a wok, add sesame seeds. Sauté for ten seconds and add cut kothimbir vadi. Fry for 2 mins or till crisp.
- Serve Kothimbir Vadi hot with tomato sauce or tamarind dates chutney.