Fried Rice is an Indo Chinese recipe. Whenever we visit a restaurant for Chinese, fried rice will be definitely in the order. It goes well with any kind of gravy Manchurian, be it veg or non veg. Fried Rice is nutritious dish as it is mixture of rice and vegetables.
Here we go with the recipe,
- Rice (Basmati preferred) – 1 cup
- Spring Onion (White) – ¼ cup
- Spring Onion (Green) – ¼ cup
- Green Capsicum – 1 small (cut into slits)
- Green peas – 1/3 cup
- Carrot – 2 small (cut into small pieces)
- Cabbage – ¼ cup
- Garlic – 4 cloves (minced)
- Ginger – 1tsp (minced)
- Green Chilli – 2 small (chopped)
- Soya Sauce – 3 tsp
- Chilli Sauce – 2tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Soak the rice in water for approx half hour. Cook the rice in four cups of water till the grains are just cooked. Strain through a colander and allow it to cool.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add spring onion white, ginger and garlic paste.
- Saute till golden brown and add all the vegetables except spring onion green. Continue stirring till the vegetables are cooked. Add salt and black pepper.
- Now add cooked rice. Mix them well.
- Add soya sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar. Saute and mix them. Stir the rice light handedly otherwise it will become mushy.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
Serve hot with Vegetable Manchurian. Click Veg Manchurian to see the recipe.
Hope you liked it!!