Aloo Paratha is a very important part of Punjabi cuisuine. Whenever I used to visit my mom during holidays, she would ask “kya khayegi” and the first dish which used to strike my mind is ‘Aloo ke parathe’. I just cannot forget those yummy mummy days!! Love you mom 🙂
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- Potato – 5 medium size (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Cauliflower – ¼ cup (grated and squeezed)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Raddish – ¼ cup (grated and squeezed)
- Green Chillies – 2 nos (cut into small pieces)
- Ginger paste – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Dry Mango powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – few chopped
Ingredients For Dough :
- Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Knead the soft and smooth dough with enough water. Keep it aside for fifteen minutes.
- Divide the dough into six equal proportions.
- Take a bowl. Add boiled potatoes, cauliflower and raddish. Mix them well.
- Add chopped onion, green chilli and ginger paste.
- Further add salt, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and coriander powder. Mix well. Add coriander leaves and mix.
- Divide the stuffing into six equal proportions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle. Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly. Again roll out into a circle.
- Cook on a hot griddle (tava), using a little olive oil, until both sides are golden brown and properly cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make other parathas.
- And the delicious Aloo paratha is ready !!
I love Aloo Paratha served with raita !!!! Its just irresistable!!
It can also be served with homemade butter or clarified butter (ghee) or pickle or green chutney!!