Chutney is as important in a meal as is the main meal. Today’s recipe is a very often-ly done chutney in our Maharashtrain house and is very simple to make. People who love garlic, this is the chutney for you. 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
- Coconut 1/2 grated
- Big Lasoon 5-6 pieces
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) 3-4 medium sprigs
- Lemon 1/2 no.
- Green Chili 4 no. cut into large pieces
- Olive Oil 1/2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves 1 small sprig, finely chopped
- Black Mustard seeds (Rai) 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Take grated coconut, garlic, mint leaves, green chili, salt and put them in a mixer. Squeeze the lemon in the mixer over the ingredients. Grind them together to form a paste. Set the paste aside in the serving bowl.
- Take a small pan and add olive oil. Heat the oil and add black mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let it splutter.
- Now pour it over the ready coconut garlic chutney as dressing.
Ready! Serve it with hot Idlis / Wadas / Dosas.
- If the chutney after grinding is thick, then you can add little water to make it flow. But when you add water, do grind the content again for water to assimilate uniformly.
- Also, if you add water to the chutney, you will need to finish it within 2 days. Else it can last for 4-5 days.
Hope you guys like it and Happy Cooking 🙂